Competitive salary, plus uncapped commission scheme, pension, company car, laptop, mobile phone and full training.
Based on territory – postcodes in and around – EC, SE, SW, CM, IG, RM, DA, BR, CR, SM, KT, TW, AL, SG, CB, CO, CM, SS, ME, CT & TN. Extensive travel – full driving licence essential.
Direct applicants are eligible for a £500 tax free joining bonus after successful completion of 6 weeks employment with RSL (inclusive of induction and training).
Here at RSL we’re going places….we’ve just planned for the next 5 years and we are super excited. With plenty of new initiatives and a new sales structure, we now need more number-driven, energetic and enthusiastic team players to join us and enjoy being a part of an established 2nd generation family business.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. You will be responsible for obtaining new business in B&I, the HoReCa marketplace and the public sector.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Prospect new business opportunities across your territory
- Achieve (and ideally exceed) pre-assigned revenue and margin targets for the financial year
- Measure and achieve pre-set KPMs
- Identify and exploit new business opportunities
- Previous 9-5 work experience (ideally in a sales environment within the B&I and public sector)
- Demonstrable ability and desire to achieve/exceed targets
- Strong communication skills in order to present, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels
- Strong business acumen/commercial awareness
- A competitive nature and desire to succeed
- Strong numeracy and verbal (written and spoken) skills
- Ability to drive the sales process from plan to closure
- Based in the London/South East area but have the flexibility to travel to head/regional offices as required (Bradford and Barnsley – twice per month approx.)
Coffee machines/vending experience is of interest – but so are candidates from other sectors with high levels of energy and passion for delivering on targets. Full induction and training will be provided.
- A real commitment to your training and development to ensure you achieve your potential
- 29 days holiday per year (incl. Bank Holidays), rising to 32 with length of service, plus an additional “Birthday holiday” after 6 months service
- Support from the departments you will rely upon (sales, accounts and service)
About Refreshment Systems
Established in 1967 in Bradford, West Yorkshire, Refreshment Systems Ltd is still a family-owned and run company, and one of the UK’s leading independent vending and service suppliers.
Offering a full range of vending and refreshment machines, from York to the South Coast, in 2017 we celebrated 50 years in business and we are looking forward to a variety of events for staff to demonstrate our appreciation. Our experienced team of approximately 100 employees includes many who have been with us for over 20 years.
Whilst we were voted in the top three of UK vending operators in the 2010 “Vending International ” magazine Innovation Awards, our business has diversified significantly over recent years. We now have a strong presence in the hospital marketplace, as well as the B2B coffee market, providing high-quality machines and all associated accessories to larger business customers.
As an SME, we pride ourselves on many fronts – as a small indication we have hugely expanded our geographical reach; diversified into new markets/new products; embraced environmental issues (we achieved ISO 14001) and were the first in our sector to go carbon neutral; striving to be at the forefront in our industry in our use of technology to enhance all areas of business – not least new business…..
Please have a look around our website to gain a greater “feel” for us, but be confident that if you are ready to offer us your experience, we – as an SME with ambition – are more than ready to let you develop this sector without the large company bureaucracy and administration!
Interested? Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter by return. No applications will be accepted without a supporting cover letter.