Refreshment Systems Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. You can be assured that any information we ask you to provide by which you can be identified with will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and by use of the website you are agreeing to the processing of your data as set out below.
Refreshment Systems Ltd may change this policy by updating this page. You are therefore advised to check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 16 May 2018.
Refreshment Systems Ltd also operates the brand Balmforth & Co. In this policy ‘we’ refers to both brands.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address, telephone numbers and address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, interests and use of the website.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How we capture the information:
- When visiting the website.
- When you fill in an online form.
- When you contact us via email, telephone, SMS, post or any other form of messaging.
- When you enter into a transaction or contract with us.
- Through third party plug ins, such as Google Analytics, to access autonomous data.
- We may use IP tracking to better understand your use of the website and gather useful information about you.
- When you leave a comment on a blog post this may store your IP address.
How we use the information:
- Internal record keeping.
- For legitimate purposes.
- To respond to a query, complaint or request for information.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will only contact you in this way if you have opted in to such communications. You have the ability to opt out at any time.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, SMS fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. We will only contact you in this way if you have opted in to such communications. You have the ability to opt out at any time.
- We store some information on our 3rd party email provider, Mailchimp, in order to send out email campaigns.
Reviewing personal information
You have the right under the current Data Protection Act to request a copy of your personal information we hold on you, a small fee will be payable along with proof of identity. Requests can be sent to email@example.com or via post to 31 Bolling Road, Bradford, BD4 7HN.
Right to be Forgotten
You have the right to request the information held on you be deleted providing there is no compelling justification for us to continue processing the records. Where your request is granted we will retain the request for our records.
Every effort to delete all information held in our possession about you will be made (except for any delete request as above).
You can request us to delete the information we hold on you buy contacting us at 31 Bolling Road, Bradford, BD4 7HN.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. The information we collect is stored within password protected systems and any paper documentation is kept in secure storage at our offices which are locked and alarm protected overnight.
This information is stored for:
- 12 years where you have entered into a contract with us for our products or services.
- 5 years to fulfil our legal obligation for any anti-money laundering processes.
- 2 years if you have contacted us for further information unless you request for this information to be deleted.
- Where you have requested for your information to be deleted we will retain the request for our records.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal data, other than the information you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you believe any of the information we hold to be incorrect or inaccurate please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for third party or direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or click unsubscribe in any communication you receive from us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.