Employee Satisfaction and How to Achieve it.
Employee Satisfaction and How to Achieve it – the importance of an office coffee machine
Long gone are the days of a simple kettle in the staff kitchen. Your employee’s tastes and needs have developed, as they have come to expect more from their morning cuppa. Whether that is demanding freshly ground coffee, the addition of steamed milk to create a beautifully frothy latte or cappuccino or even fresh leaf tea on demand.
What does it matter, I hear you ask? Well, there is a proven link between performance in the workplace and the presence of accessible quality coffee. Perhaps worth considering?
A decent bean-to-cup coffee machine is not too pricey to run, however, the results it can give rival that of a high street coffee chain. Employees appreciate a good cup of coffee, and if that is what they desire, why deny them it? It will show them you care about their morale and happiness at work, which can go a long way in terms of how they perform for your business.
More reasons to invest in an office coffee machine:
- Keep employees in the office – by providing good quality espresso-based drinks at the touch of a button, you wipe out the need for the ‘quick trips’ to the coffee shop down the road. No longer will your employees need to leave the office for their caffeine fix. This in itself reduces downtime, ramping up productivity.
- Provide visitors with something more than instant – who wants to be that person that has to offer a visitor a cup of freeze-dried coffee? Impress your potential customers with a quality coffee of their choice and save your employees the embarrassment of serving up a tasteless cup of something resembling coffee.
- Wake up the sufferers of the afternoon slump – we have all been there, feeling sluggish and unproductive when 2 pm hits. Coffee is the antidote for this sleepy time of day. Having a caffeine injection at the press of a button will quickly snap employees out of their afternoon daze.
- Reduce that stress – coffee is widely related to social get-togethers, so it makes sense that having coffee breaks in the work environment can help bust work-related stress. Stepping away from the computer screen, telephone or paper-strewn desk and taking a moment to enjoy a few sips of coffee can bring those stress levels down in a peaceful moment either alone or with co-workers.
- Banish desk related aches and pains – according to scientists, coffee can help reduce pain that is associated with sitting at a desk. Neck and back pain can be relieved by the effects of caffeine, seemingly blocking pain receptors. This, in turn, can also boost the workforce morale.
What else can you get from an office coffee machine?
Employee satisfaction shouldn’t be a difficult thing to achieve, providing an office coffee machine is an extremely quick and easy change to make a big difference. The fact that it has all of the above benefits and more means it could have a bigger effect than you expect.
The type of machine you opt for depends on your business and staff needs. The options vary from a simple bean-to-cup machine with powdered milk, to a coffee machine that comes with a fresh milk fridge, steam wand and cup warmer.
Many office coffee machines now come with a digital, tablet-like display where you can add a branded screensaver for when the machine is not in use. A small but impressive touch when serving customers and visitors.
Some coffee machines now provide analytical data to show your ingredient usage, and what cleaning and maintenance have been undertaken, this offers total transparency in terms of how much coffee is being consumed and if the machine is being cared for.
Customisable drinks, options of regular or large, eco-saving mode to reduce energy consumption, additions of base cabinets or pods with company branding. The options are endless. Now is the time to consider these options and show your employees you value them and their happiness.
Mood booster, pain reducer, productivity inducer, coffee is your secret weapon. All you need is the right machine for your needs.